The New Hanover Prep. Annual Bass Fishing Competition is now 14 Years Old!
It is the Biggest Bass Fishing Competition in the Southern Hemisphere! Join us for an incredible family day and competition with amazing prizes to be won.
ONLINE ENTRIES ARE CLOSED. ENTER ON THE DAY @ DAM 3.
All entry & shirt collections @ DAM 3.
1. Only artificial lures to be used
2. Only live fish to be measured
3. All fish to be released immediately after weighing. NO FISH TO BE REMOVED
4. Identity tags must be worn by all anglers to avoid disqualification
5. The Weigh- Masters decision is final
6. Each angler is to be acquainted with and adhere to the rules of the competition and
private land owners. Failure of the above will result in immediate disqualification.
7. Fishing will be from shore, canoes and boats as specified per dam
8. Dams are kindly sponsored by private land owners for this day ONLY please respect
their property & privacy. No littering and be careful of irrigation pipes and equipment
9. Respect & be considerate of your fellow anglers
10. Only ONE 1st adult & junior prize per angler
11. Power boats allowed on dams indicated used with a sneaker motor
12. The longest ADULTS fish wins the adults prize and the longest JUNIOR
fish wins the junior prize even if the junior fish is longer than the adults fish
13. Adults contend for the over all Adult Prize
Juniors contend for the over all Junior Prize
14. The 18 adult & 18 junior 1st places go into a “hat” and get drawn out to
place 1st to 18th choice of prizes
15. In the event of a tie there will be a draw between the parties.
16. In the event of no fish caught at a dam the prize goes into the lucky draw
17. For the lucky draw you need to hand in your I.D. tag
18. If a dam has not been fished by 14H00, the committee has the right
to close it
19. Fish to be measured with mouth closed
20. Junior-13 and under as @ the date of Competition
21. Fishing starts 5:30 am ,last fish to be weighed 16:00