Scholarships at New Hanover Prep.
NEW HANOVER PREP
ALL-ROUNDER SCHOLARSHIPS AND BURSARIES FOR ENTRY 2018
New Hanover Preparatory School offers merit based scholarships to talented boys and/or girls who are not currently attending our school. The Scholarships are awarded to children entering each of the following Grades: Grade 4, 5, 6 and 7.
These Scholarships are offered to pupils who display exceptional talent in the Academic, Sporting and/or Cultural arenas. The awards are made at the discretion of the School and are valid for the child’s remaining years at New Hanover Prep i.e. Grade 4 – 4 years; Grade 5 – 3 years; Grade 6 – 2 years; Grade 7 – 1 year. Each Scholarship is worth up to a maximum of 50% of the schools tuition fees only, provided that the pupil abides by the following:
- They make every effort to maintain a high standard in the academic, sport and/or cultural arena’s
- They uphold the school Code of Conduct
- The parents portion of the school fees are paid timeously
The All-Rounder Scholarships are based on:
- past academic (academic average of above 70% at the end of their previous Grade), sporting and/or cultural achievements
- the completion of the appropriate on-line Scholarship Application Form
- a personal interview with the Headmaster + a member of the selection committee
- the pupils’ performance in the Scholarship exam
The Scholarship Examination will consist of two papers set at an age appropriate scholastic level:
Examination Date: Once your application has been received, we will contact you to set up a suitable date and time.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE DETAILS
Children to arrive in their current school uniform, and bring with them a change of clothes for sport. Please also ensure they have pencils, pens, eraser and a ruler.
On arrival, your child will be registered, and you will meet with our Headmaster, James Hough. Thereafter the examinations will begin, as well as the sports programme with our Director of Sports. During this time, we will happily conduct a tour of the school for interested parents.
Please download the Scholarship Application Form from our website (below) and return to it to us with a letter of motivation written by you the Parents mentioning all of your child’s achievements. Also include:
- a copy of their birth certificate
- a passport/school individual photo
- the latest school reports – Term 1 & 2
- their end of year report from 2015
The Scholarship Committee reserves the right not to make the award. In which case the award will have fallen away (i.e. it will not be passed down to the next best candidate). The decision of the committee is final.
CLOSING DATE FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY 18th AUGUST 2017
Limited Bursaries are available annually for existing New Hanover Prep families requiring financial assistance with their fees. Application for renewal will be required each year. All bursary applications are confidential and application forms for these can be obtained from our Bursar, Mr. Erich Vorwerk or our Headmaster, Mr. James Hough. When applying for a bursary, applicants will need to make a full and honest financial disclosure to the school.